Betgenius requires a Java Developer to join its development team located at its head office in central London. Betgenius is the leading provider of sophisticated data-driven software to the global sports betting and lottery sectors. Developed in and managed from our bases in London and Tallinn, our products enable bookmakers and lottery operators to increase revenues by improving the efficiency and usability of their existing sportsbooks.
As a Java Developer you should be comfortable working in a highly concurrent multi-threaded environment. As well as strong core Java and problem-solving skills you must possess excellent communication and social skills both with internal customers and colleagues in your team. You must be self-motivated and be able to work with minimum supervision and have a positive attitude to teamwork and collaboration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- working with business customers to translate vision into story deliverables
- designing and developing new software products and components
- investigating and resolving defects
- At least 3 years’ commercial Java web (Servlet/JSP) development
- Exceptional core Java
- Proven Spring 3
- Maven 2+ experience
- Knowledge of Application Servers, particularly JBoss/Tomcat
- Strong design skills, OOP, OOD, Design Patterns
- Messaging technologies ( JMS, MSMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Good knowledge of XP methods and test-driven development
- Experience of working with highly transactional customer-facing web sites or services
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix systems and an interest in open source technologies
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in central London.
- A competitive salary – negotiable, based on experience.
- A generous annual allocated training budget.
- Private health and life insurance.